The Best Clogs For Nurses of 2016
If you are a nurse, or have a similar job which involves long hours of being on your feet – you’ll understand how important a good quality pair of shoes are. They literally can make the difference between loving your job, and hating your job. Many companies specially design shoes for nurses, which are not only wipe clean, perfect for sanitary reasons – but are incredibly comfortable, allowing you to do the best job you can, without having to fight through the pain! Therefore, we’ll take a look at the some great nursing shoes, and find out which are the most comfortable nursing clogs for women.
Here’s our top picks of clogs for nurses, we’ll run through the pros and cons of each shoe – allowing you to make the right choice for you. If you’re wondering where to buy the best nursing clogs or nursing clogs for women, simply take a look on amazon and you’ll find a huge selection of the Best Nursing Clogs.
Dansko Women's Pro Xp Mule Shoe
|Dansko||$$||Click here for amazon reviews|
DAWGS Men’s Working Destination PMW Clog
|Dawgs||$$||Click here for amazon reviews|
Dansko Professional Clog
|Dansko||$$||Click here for amazon reviews|
Top Picks for Best Nursing Clogs
While this choice may be rather expensive for some, you do pay for the quality. Dansko are one of the leading manufacturers of women’s clogs, and therefore – they know what they’re doing. It’s available in a variety of colors, which may be useful if your workplace has a strict dress code.
The leather construction allows for it to be effortlessly wiped clean, which is handy in an environment such as a hospital; for hygiene reasons.
Dansko aim to provide some of the best nursing clogs, and they manage this exceedingly well.
You may be wondering how a shoe such as this can be so comfortable. The truth of the matter is, that they are designed with the shape of the foot in mind. This makes sure that they fit perfectly, and provide maximum support during your long shifts.
Dansko produce many nursing clogs for women, so it’s worth looking into their full range.
- Optimum Comfort for Long Shifts – These are also perfect if you have plantar, and could be the best shoes for nurses with plantar.
- Extremely Durable
- Wipe Clean
- If you can find an older pair of Dansko’s, go for them. The quality of older pairs was much better, however due to some companies parting ways – the newer Dansko’s simply aren’t as good as they used to be.
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the ever so popular Dansko’s, then this is probably the best you can get on a budget. They feature a rubber sole, which makes sure you get optimum grip – and can also be cleaned very easily, and therefore is very hygienic.
The comfort, which is the main deciding factor when shopping for a pair of clogs, is perfect. This is because DAWGS has focused primarily on the arch support, which ensures that you receive only the best support while at work – reducing back and joint pain.
For hygiene, DAWGS include antimicrobial soles – which are perfect for use within a hospital; making these clogs perfect for nurses and other healthcare professionals alike.
- Clean, White Design
- Anti-Microbial In Soles – perfect for working at a hospital!
- Perfect Fit – Provides optimum comfort and allows you to work long hours without becoming fatigued at all!
- Not quite as “skid proof” as advertised, however this isn’t too much of an issue if you’re careful.
These are perfect for the majority of people. While they may not be as durable as a good pair of Dansko’s, they are a lot cheaper. They are manufactured by a reputable brand, Skechers, which are well-known for being the number one manufacturer for comfort-boosting shoes! While they may seem fairly bland, they are designed for work. They are comfortable, and that is what they are designed to do.
They also feature ventilation holes, which is a great idea! After all, when working long twelve hours shifts at the hospital – you can become fairly warm, and these shoes keep your feet nice and cool. The sole is pretty thick, and absorbs a lot of shock whilst walking – this reduces the amount of back and joint pain you will experience.
Skechers are experts when it comes to orthopedic shoes, and these could be the best orthopedic shoes yet.
- Cheaper than competitors, with similar performance.
- Can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Extremely good traction, even on damp surfaces.
- Tend to be slightly small, you should buy a size lower than you actually are. The shoes stretch over time, which causes the shoes to become loose unless you bought a smaller size.
Everybody has heard of Crocs. They are great, and cheap – making them incredibly competitive for work use! They also tend to be a little cooler than any other clogs, due to the “open” design which provides tonnes of ventilation. They are fully manufactured from “croslite foam” which is similar to rubber, providing a huge amount of comfort, traction – and they can be wiped clean! They are perfect for working long hours in the hospital, or for kitchen workers alike.
Crocs are also the best clogs for nurses.
Crocs are also perfect if you don’t quite have the budget for a great pair of clogs yet, you can simply use Crocs as a stopgap until you can afford some better shoes for work. However, once you’ve bought these – you may be completely happy with the comfort Crocs can provide over a long period of time, as many people do.
They are perfect for water as well, and will not become damaged. This is because they are manufactured from a special type of foam, which isn’t affected by water – therefore wet floors are no problem.
Many people say Crocs produce the best clogs for nurses.
- Incredibly cheap compared to other clogs of similar properties.
- Extremely light and comfortable, they provide a huge amount of support; because of this you’ll find that any back pain you experienced from work should be incredibly reduced, or eliminated.
- Many customers say that the sizing has changed recently, so it’s best to order a size below what you actually are – otherwise the crocs will stretch over time, and become too big.
If you’re looking for a more fashionable clog than the typical work clogs reviewed above, then here you have it. Dansko are the leading retailer of clogs, and therefore provide a huge amount of comfort for people of all ages. The large heel makes it so your foot is positioned in a certain way, which reduces stress on the foot. This reduces pain almost immediately, however the padded soles make sure that you can easily withstand the long twelve hours shifts.
They may be more expensive than other clogs, however you do pay for the quality and durability. The outside of the clog is embossed, to provide a stylish design. These are really some of the best nursing clogs.
- Extremely Comfortable
- Manufactured by Dansko – Leading Retailers of Clogs.
- Leather – easy to clean.
- Order a size below what you actually are, or they’ll be too big! They become more comfortable the more you wear them, as the shoe moulds to your foot.
This is a better option for work, compared to the embossed, tooled clog reviewed above. The reviews really don’t lie, take a look at the amazon listing – 4.5 stars with over 750 reviews! These really are the industry standard for work clogs.
They are also available in a huge selection of colors, which makes them perfect for working in a hospital – as many hospitals prefer you to wear white shoes, for hygiene reasons. However, some prefer you to wear black shoes. Regardless of your workplace dress code, you’ll easily find a pair of these oiled leather clogs that fit with your dress code!
- 2” Heel to reposition your foot for comfort.
- The shoes mold to your foot over time, improving posture and comfort.
- Leather construction – wipe clean!
- The sizing of these clogs seems to be a bit odd. You may end up returning these shoes and getting a different size, which is no problem as Amazon will refund the postage costs.
These are slightly more expensive than the other Dansko clogs that we’ve reviewed, however these are the best yet. With black cabrio leather, you’ll be sure they’ll look amazing, and provide great comfort during work.
The durability is excellent, as you would expect from a pair of clogs which cost this much, they’ll easily last years and years of daily use. These clogs also feature a slightly smaller heel than the oiled leather clogs, with a 1.75” heel – which still improves your posture. This may be a good option if you think the 2” heel might be a bit much. They are available in a huge range of colours.
The rubber outsole is specially designed to absorb shock, making them perfect for working in a hospital. You’ll barely feel the floor below as you walk! These could easily be the best nursing clogs.
- Huge range of colours.
- Durable – they’ll last years!
- As with many clogs, the sizing is a bit off.
These are in the same league as Dansko clogs, with similar properties and comfort. They feature a slightly different design, which you may prefer. They are also available in similar colors! These are one of the best nursing clogs.
They are slightly cheaper, depending on which color you go for. If you pair these clogs with a good pair of compression socks, you won’t become fatigued at all. You’ll be able to walk around and stand up all day at work, without feeling anything. They literally are wonderful!
These are some of the top nursing clogs for women, by providing the best comfort and support possible.
- Available in a huge range of colors
- Order a size below your actual size.
- The color tends to wear off pretty quickly, within a few months.
Click here to take you back to the Nursing Shoes (Buying Guide) 2016